Tuesday, June 22, 2004

More About Karen MEG


(updated May 2010)

I don't know where to start, ironic given that this blog is pretty much all about me.


I'm a mom of two in suburban Canada, who transitioned from busy career gal to stay-at-home mom and now occasional work-at-home-when-her-kids-let-her mom. The decision to stay home while the kids were little was a no-brainer. I was a happy consequence of the company merger movement.
And alas, 5 years later, I took the plunge and dove right back into a full-time work-out-of-home-needing-more-help-than-I-care-to-admit career when opportunity came knocking a bit too loudly.

But I'm still living in the burbs and trying to stay urban, a minivan driving soccer mom in denial.
There I’ve said it, now let’s move on.

I started this blog on a sleep-deprived morning when my daughter was about four months old and I'd been home with the kids for, well, about four months. It was meant to be, as most mom blogs are, an online journal to capture those mommy moments that are like a feather in the wind.

Whoever said that staying at home wasn't easy was right. But I still wouldn't change a thing. And these guys complete me:

The Boy: L, L-boy, L-meister, my first miracle. You'll get a sense that I'm kinda proud of him. He's one of these kids who was born empathetic, he's aware of himself and of others and especially me. He gets me. And he's got his Mom's back... just ask his Dad.

The Girl: Little G, the girlie, my princess, the Diva. My second miracle, who we had to work extra hard for. But she was well worth it. Because she's cute as a button, and although she's trying at times (many times), she knows that "we still love her even if she's been naughty" (yeah, I just quoted her).

The Man: The hubs, Ian. What can I say about a guy who will pimp my blog to his friends and laugh at an odd post even if he's the butt of the joke, all the while fighting my laptop screen for face time with me. He's my rock, who's succeeding at carving out that 8-pack that he had when we met in our 20s. You'll read the occasional 6-pack joke because yeah, we did meet at the brewery.

*****

This is the me behind the mask. I'm really quite reserved in person, to the point that many of my friends have told me that they thought I was an ice-cold bitch before they actually talked to me. But once we got drinking it was a different story.

So yeah, I like alcohol. And lucky for me, I do have substantial alcohol dehydrogenase in my system, so I don't go beet red when I drink. The only thing is: you just can't shut me up.


Welcome, and I hope you stay for a while.


1 comment:

Amy Wise said...

Oh my gosh we sound so much alike it's a little scary! I love this post....what a quick great way to get to know your fam! Awesome.

Amy
www.themanyshadesoflove.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin