Sunday, October 21, 2007

A gorgeous summery-fall day...


so why am I doing this more-than-mammoth "Everyone's Weird' meme?

Because I so love my friends and I was tagged by my pal C; and it's Sunday, brainless Sunday, so I needed something easy.

This is indeed mammoth and then some, so perhaps you'd like to grab a carafe of coffee before you enjoy the following long-winded blast of weirdness known as me:

1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Some kind of apricot thing from the Body shop.

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No. My mom hasn’t been by in the last week, so no watermelons. That’s the only time we ever have any – I always tell her not to bring anything when they come for dinner. And she always brings a watermelon.

3. What would you change about your living room? Finally pick low, modern entertainment unit to house hubby’s stereo, speakers and the gazillion CD’s we have.

4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? They are clean.

5. What is in your fridge? About 6 bags of milk, 3 boxes of strawberries (on sale at Loblaws today), 2 cucumbers, coffee mate, huge jar of Vlasic pickles, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, feta cheese, leftover steak, 3 oranges, bag oF organic carrots. Oh, and about 3 bottles of Pomtini that I’ve been hoarding for my alone time [chuckle].

6. White or wheat bread? Flax or 12 grain – does that count?

7. What is on top of your refrigerator? Actually on TOP of my fridge – nothing. Above my fridge – a cupboard with a platter organizer. Can’t believe how excited I was about that feature.

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Well, I don’t have a shower curtain, it’s a door with a really dated fading horizontal stripe design on it. Our bathroom is the next stop for the renovation train. My kids’ shower curtain is from Ikea, with weird unidentifiable animals and birds in various primary colours on it. Not the best tool for teaching your toddler about wild kingdom.

9. How many plants are in your home? Dead or alive? Alive, probably one, a cactus. The other two are barely hanging on, and are actually in the laundry room ready to be tossed with our garden waste. I’m horrible with plants.

10. Is your bed made right now? Believe it or not, it is!

11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Neither.

12. Is your closet organized? Sort of. I like Ikea’s boxes, and I just sorted through the summer/fall/winter stuff. But why is my closet even more cluttered now? I am a major packrat, and I collect shoes, shoes, more shoes; hats and bags.

13. Can you describe your flashlight? Well, I used to have a small red metallic Maglite, which Ian bought me to match his small blue metallic one (awwwww – that was when we were first married). They have since been dismembered, disemboweled and are now scattered throughout the house. Courtesy of two curious kids. Now we’ve got a couple of $0.99 Ikea ones, that the girl likes to take apart.

14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Glass.

15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No.

16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? Does this answer your question?

17. Curtains or blinds? Both, but we need new blinds for the family room. Badly.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two. One for my head. The other to support the extra jowls that are threatening as I advance further into my 40s.

19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? We keep one of the under cabinet lights on in the kitchen downstairs, and the girlie’s night light. She comes into our room every night, so I want to be sure she can see.

20. How often do you vacuum? Much less than needed. About once a week. I sweep a lot though.

21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard, although I do own an electric.

22. What color is your toothbrush? White and purple I think?

23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yes, I thought it was quite funky and spent a ridiculous amount on it. Wanna see it:
Yeah, as Ian said when I brought it home, it is a little "orange".

24. What is in your oven right now? Nothing. Except dried up sticky pineapple rib sauce that can only be removed during a self-cleaning cycle. Which I’m afraid to attempt. With all new kitchen appliances, the owner’s manual pile is about two feet thick – hurts me to look at it.

25. Is there anything under your bed? A shower radio in the shape of a dog. Never opened. Never intend to open it. Was a gift from one of my parents’ friends to Liam when he was about one. We’re still wondering why.

26. Chore you hate doing the most? Picking toys up after the kids. It is neverending.

27. What retro items are in your home? We have some cool ashtrays left over from the 60’s from my parents (Dad used to smoke). We just use them to decorate, or as candy trays. I also have an old suede jacket and one of my dad’s old leather coats that I love. And then tons of retro CD’s and LPs.

28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Yes.

29. How many mirrors are in your home? 7

30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? I’ve separated our loose change into several zip lock bags that sit in our side table drawers. With our dollar above par to the US, may come in handy.

31. What color are your walls? Most of main and upper floor – taupe/gray; kitchen – brownish/taupe; our office – deep cranberry. Boy’s room blue; girl’s room yellow.

32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Scary question. No.

33. What does your home smell like right now? Neutral, which is a good thing.

34. Favorite candle scent? Vanilla

35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? Vlasic, garlic dill.

36. What color is your favorite Bible? I have a small red one.

37. Ever been on your roof? No!

38. Do you own a stereo? Yes.

39. How many TVs do you have? Three.

40. How many house phones? Four.

41. Do you have a housekeeper? Well, we do have a cleaning lady who comes in every 2 weeks.

42. What style do you decorate in? Let’s see, I think the term is “Trad-emporary”. Or is it “Transitional” Whatever! We lean toward contemporary lines, with some older pieces thrown in the mix.

43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Solids for sure.

44. Is there a smoke detector in your home. Yes, one per floor.

45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? Husband and Kids, if they’re considered items. If we’re talking inanimate objects, my glasses, watch and sentimental jewellry (creature of habit),important docs (passports etc) purse, family photos … what’s the definition of “quick”?

OOPS, forgot to tag someone. If you want to do this meme, TAG, you're IT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty pattern on your welcome mat. Very inviting.

I wonder why the orginater of this meme wanted to know about watermelons? hee hee

Family Adventure said...

You're right. Huge meme. I am very impressed!

Beautiful picture, too.

- Heidi

Kellan said...

We have lots of TVs and phones. This was fun - see ya.

Unknown said...

LOL! Thanks for entertaining me :) I kind of shrugged when I saw that I was tagged for this one...and then immediately thought of passing the burden onto you! ;) Just kidding! I knew you were NoBloPoMo-ing this month, so....

I giggled at the hoarding of the Pomtinis! LOL! YOU got me hooked! I tried some for the first time this month (when my friend, British Lion was here from the UK) and OMG....I'm in love, love, love with Pomtini! You are a bad influence, my friend! LOL! ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin