So, thirteen reasons that December is going to be a crazy ride:
1. Project deadline loomed, and still looming. Mucho work to do, dwindling time to do it.
2. Hubby's birthday next week. Have a dinner planned, know who with, just don't know where yet.
3. Christmas shopping; haven't started, panic is starting to slowly rumble in the pit of my stomach.
4. Christmas decorating; need to get the tree up and house in order. Kids make it mandatory -- dropping the ball a dangerous thing.
5. Christmas photos with Santa. G already knows that Santa lives at the mall. She can't wait to sit on the old man's lap. L will need convincing, big time. Will the Wii be enough?
6. Christmas photos and cards. Need to pay our annual fee to Canada post.
7. Hosting a holiday dinner on weekend before Christmas.
8. Little G's birthday is 3 days before Christmas. Hosting a small family birthday party for her.
9. Oh yes, birthday present required. Will likely consist of "Hippopotamus, Hippo Hungry" (aka Hungry, Hungry, Hippo -choking hazard extravaganza), which she has been chanting everytime she has a successful potty moment.
10. Three other birthdays of very important family members in December. Spring has been a very, uh-hum, busy time in this family.
11. Two days later, hosting Christmas Eve dinner for Hubby's side of family. Everyone staying over. Super-excited. House will be full and fun.
12. Christmas day at my parents' place for more Christmas festivities. And pigging out. And fun times with new babies et al.
13. Menuplanning for all of the above. Did I mention Christmas?
Have you noticed that most of the above involves shopping in one form or another? Something I have absolutely no time for anymore, much to someone's delight and my utter dismay.
However, NaBloPoMo will be over. I've been having a great time checking out great blogs, making great new blog friends. But the daily rush has been pure panic at times. So while I'll still be blogging actively, it will likely at a more manageable pace.
Today is a head shearing day...for yours truly and her little man. Hope no tears are involved.
Wish us luck.