Thursday, March 27, 2008
Thursday Thirteen : I confess
I was tagged by Melinda Zook (7 random confessions) and Real World Mom (7 random things), so as I'm such a multi-tasker, I thought I'd combine my efforts here on a Thursday Thirteen morning...
Six Synonyms for the Word "Confession"
Seven Random Confessions
1. I have major potty mouth while I’m driving.
2. I have never tried any drugs other than prescription or Over-the-counter variety. Goody-goody I know. I certainly had the opportunity, but after a while it was just “what’s the point, if I haven’t done it so far, why bother?”
3. I have, however, smoked cigarettes, a cigar and even an herbal cigarette (eeww). All without coughing up a lung.
4. I tried to do the ultimatum thing to get an engagement ring. Silly, silly girl. Bad advice from a gorgeous friend whose own strategy did work. Now she’s rich.
Didn’t work for me. But in the end I still got the guy.
5. I am a terrible liar. If you hooked me up to a lie detector machine, I’d probably set it on fire.
6. I was a really mean big sister while growing up. At least to my sister who is only 20 months younger than me. My brother is the baby, so I spoiled him more than anything else.
I used to tell my sister that she was adopted (she didn’t have a strong resemblance to anyone in the family). And also that when you flush the toilet, the water comes back up through the tap.
I’m sure she still thinks I’m a bitch the odd time nowadays. But just won’t tell me to my face.
7. I let my kids have way too much screen time. My daughter learned what the Statue of Liberty was from TV.
My son plays Runescape too much (I bought him an upgraded account to vanquish the whining). To remedy that, I asked him if he wanted a blog (you know, at least he’d be doing some creative writing). Hubs reaction: “Uh, we are so NOT going there … are you NUTS?!”
So there's thirteen for ya. Thanks to my second cup of java, I can add this morning.
This one has been around for a bit, so if you haven’t yet done it and feel so inclined … gotcha!
For more thirteen go here.