The Girl: I hate those city plows. You should have seen the pristine driveway we had as of end of the day yesterday... the kids and I cleaned it up after the service came.
Then the city came and blocked me.... this morning, with the icy blocks that fell off of the hills that the kids and I had made.
So alas, my morning workout awaits...
The Guy: Clearly the garbage men haven't spoken to the plowmen. I am so sorry for them. You could always send an email to the works department letting them know that you are going to kill them...
Yup, he knows me and he still loves me.
Thirteen reasons I am very lucky to be married, and happily at that (note, G-rated version only, as some things have to be kept private). Or the "opposites" of love.
1. I am the resident recycling station manager. In other words, every week I dutifully bundle up the papers, cardboard, tins etc. But on the day before hubs' business trip, I yelled at him. Actually, it was more of a bloodcurdling scream which got him running to me. Why? Because he put shredded paper on top of my recycling bin. A big no-no. I've told him so because technically the city won't take it; but really because it's a bloody pain for me to gather up all the shreds and figure out a way to bundle the mess.
I'm type A and he loves me.
2. I'm a slob and hate housework. Husband is a fastidious guy who hates clutter. He knew that going in, and yet he still married me.
3. I hate doing laundry and I don't iron. See 2, above.
4. I'll admit it, I don't like gas stations much, so everytime he borrows my car, he has to fill the tank. My inner teen shines.
5. He loves winter and winter activities. I love the beach and the water.
6. He is patient. I am impatient.
7. I'm an ISTJ. He's an ENFP.
8. He loves sleeping in a cold room. I sleep with at least two blankets and often socks as well.
9. He loves fruit. I love vegetables.
10. I love to dress up. He loves to dress down.
11. I'm a planner. An obsessed planner. He leaves things until the last minute. And curses, it always works out for him.
12. I tend to be melancholy and a thinker. He's a dreamer and seeker of all possibilities.
13. He's a nurturing parent. I'm the task-master.
But there is one thing we've done well together. We produced two beautiful children. So therein lies the real magic of our opposites.