I was tagged by lovely Chrissy from Life on Manitoulin . This is easy because it's all about ME!
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and write their 8 random facts. 4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them that they have been tagged.
Here's my Crazy Eight:
1. I met my husband while working at a brewery as a student. I was dating 3 other guys at the brewery at the time (hussy, hussy, I know, but the ratio is pretty good for women in the brewing industry).
2. I like to drink. Alcohol. We're not talking boozing-before-noon-desperate-housewife drinking, but I love a nice glass of wine (red or white) with dinner or at a party; am partial to martinis, every and all (vodka, fruitie concoctions, chocolate; pomtinis are my latest obsession.). Oh, and beer, especially on a really hot day, or with oysters. So you guessed it…everyone knew almost to the day when I was pregnant!
3. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Nutritional Sciences and I’m a junk food junkie. I also got my MBA thirteen years later and swear by the “Grandmother’s cash in the mattress” school of investment. Well, I’m not that bad, but my husband does call me the reluctant MBA. If I spent my blogging time as an online trader instead, we’d be filthy rich… or dirt poor. Actually, I made some fantastic lifelong friends in my program – we still get together a few times a year. Most other groups don’t speak to each other anymore.
4. I love to dance, and have done since I was little. First ballet (I studied at the National Ballet School from 5 – 6 years of age) through elementary school; then in high school and university enjoyed jazz dance. Nowadays I get my musical fix through hip-hop cardio class, but I’m thinking of taking up ballet again … maybe as I get closer to 50.
5. I snowmobiled for the first time in my life last August on a glacier in Iceland. Although I thought I would lose my leg when I leaned over too far during one particular turn, I would do it again in a heartbeat. What a rush!
6. I’m pretty quiet and reserved in person. When I was younger people thought I was just a total snooty bee-atch. But I’m not… really, I’m not. As I get older, I suppose (or hope) it comes across as more "wise", which is probably a good thing.
7. Like Chrissy, I can cry at the drop of a hat, usually to some really sentimental song or commercial on TV. I used to bawl during every episode of “Little House on the Prairie”; once on an overseas flight for work I was crying my eyes out during “Moulin Rouge”. And then I’d be laughing hysterically the next minute. My associate was really worried about me. Always nice to see your manager acting manic!
8. Rock/pop music concerts are now officially my husband and my “couple thing”. We used to go to quite a few when we were dating, but not so much once we got married. But we’ve seen some great ones since we’ve become parents of two; Duran Duran, Feist, John Mayer … now we’ve got tickets to see Rush in September, and are thinking about seeing the Cure. It’s so important to connect on that level as a couple. Actually, our taste in music was one of the first connections we really had. However, we’ve yet to be “Dora’d” or “Wiggle’d” in concert for the kids’ sake. Really don’t want to go there unless we absolutely have to!
So, I don't know 8 others who haven't ALREADY been tagged. So if you haven't been and want to play, consider yourself "IT"!