Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Double the fun; an Auntie AGAIN!!!

Yes, believe it or not, another little girl in the family, less than 24 hours after the first baby cousin! My baby brother's wife went into labour last night after visiting my sister, and their baby was born this morning just before noon! She's a little smaller, and looks a lot like my brother when he was born (but then a lot of babies look like that!).

Unbelievable! Grandkids doubled in number overnight for my folks. They're all over the city now (sister's downtown, brother's uptown), but loving it. Of course my mom is probably going to be slaving away over the stove for the next little while. Her and her Chinese soups; both my sister and sister-in-law have strict orders to finish every thermos of soup that she brings to them in hospital. I think it's great though - probably much easier to digest and tastier than hospital food.

Perfect timing for my baby fix as Giselle is growing up oh-so-fast! We ain't having any more kidlets, so being an Auntie to two newborns is just fine by me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Congratulations!!!!! I didn't have a chance to respond to your first auntie post so I'm responding to both now. Fantastic news, Karen. Any word on names yet??

Anonymous said...

Congrats two times over! What an exciting time for your family!

Jane, P&B Girls

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Exciting news, Karen! Congrats to you and the family! What a special time this is for you guys! Babies always bring so much joy!

BTW, sorry to tell you this, but I've tagged you!

Dee said...

can't wait to see pics of the two new princesses

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your family is really growing now!

Blog said...

CONGRATS, Karen!!!! So exciting!!! :)

Family Adventure said...

Karen, big congrats! You must be thrilled. I cannot even imagine how elated the grandparents must be. Giselle will get a run for her money, though, with two new cute girls! And Liam is still the King of the grandchildren. Post pix when you get some.
Heidi

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin