A newer blog pal, the multi-talented BusyDad (writer, singer, kickboxing originator of the Bloghopping Weekend phenomenon) has tagged me for this meme. And I really like this one because it doesn't require a lot of new material, and I can revisit some of the stuff I wrote way back when. A bonus for me today as I've picked up another stinking cold. Just when I thought it was safe to wheeze again...
So here's how it goes.
Rules: Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you’ve written.
Link one must be about family
Link two must be about friends
Link three must be about yourself
Link four must be about something you love
Link five can be about anything you choose
Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least two of the people you tag must be newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better.
1. I've posted a lot about my family, and pretty much daily about my kiddos. So for this first link I'll pop back over to Chinese New Year of last year, where I waxed poetic about the fun challenges of being in the here and now, while dealing with centuries-old superstitions that just can't go away...
2. Once you become a parent, do you find you have very little time for your "own" friends? Unless they came complete as a package as parents of your kids' friends? That seems to have been the pattern since I started this blog!! Turns out all my posts about friends have been about my kids' pals! With the exception of this one, which is a happy tale of old B.K. friends of ours (i.e. B.K. = before kids ) who struggled a bit before being blessed with a very busy family of their own now. They are now parents to two beautiful baby girls.
3. Hmmm, something about myself. Maybe somewhere in these gazillion memes I've done I can find something interesting. Oh here's one, where I'm being not so nice.
4. Something I love. Well since it's a thing, I won't link about my kids, my husband; and shopping you've heard enough about. My fave class at the gym; well, if you've been following for a while you know it's my obsession. You should try it.
5. Anything I choose - this one is one of my faves because I somehow figured out how to include my own video on this blog, and my little G was just starting to tell stories.
New bloggers to tag because I am ultra nosy:
1. Kami's Khlopchyk
2. Debbie of Etc. Etc. Etc.
3. Lizzy in the Burbs
5. Beth at a Mom's Life
Apologies if you've already done this one, but if not, have fun re-living those special posts!