Monday, October 20, 2008

Papa's got a brand new 'poo bag'

So this is how I know that my blog is now part of the family.

The boy and girlie's friends stopped by (with their Dad) while walking their dog last night. Since it was dinner time, we invited them to stay. And to be honest it was long overdue, as these friends are so wonderful, they always invite us over for dinner whenever the man's away.

After dinner, since there was school the next day, the Dad hustled his kids back into their coats, got the dog and off they went for their walk back home.

And then we get a message on our phone while getting the kids ready for bed ..."Uh, sorry I just realized that we left the poo bag on your front porch. It was dark and I totally forgot. Apologies, you can just throw it into your green cycle bin."

And then another e:mail about it shortly after, just in case.

No big deal.

This morning, we open up the door to get the paper and there it was, right next to the paper. In the same type of blue plastic bag. "There's the poo-bag!" I exclaimed.

For some reason husband thought that was insanely hilarious.

And this evening, my husband said to me, "You should have taken a picture of that, what an awesome bloggable moment!"

And the boy, "Mom, that would have been great to write about "THE POO BAG" on your blog!".

And so it's done. No picture though.

What is it about boys and poo anyway?

Gotta admit, though, some poo stories are priceless...

18 comments:

Kat said...

Oh. My. God.
That video is the worst! I had my hands over my face the whole time! What a freaking nightmare! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

That is so funny that the post your guys think you should blog about is poop. Hehehe. Sounds like my family. ;)

Ed (zoesdad) said...

Poop sells! My kids love poop.

Gina said...

Your poop bag story was cute but the poop bag video was so gross! Eww, eww, eww!!!

Miss said...

Ahahaha well at least you know they have your back!

J said...

I remember that post...hilarious!

So glad the poo was in a bag, and not on your shoe. ;)

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Oh heavens...that is funny but also really really gross.

No shit sherlock!

Hee hee.

Apparently I also find poop funny.

Anonymous said...

OMG Karen.. hahahah that video was terrible but I had to keep watching.. hahahaha

Hysterical. I cannot wait to see what Google Analytics will pick up of people searching for a poop blog.. hahahaa

Heidi said...

OMG that video is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Too funny, just saying Poop around here emits giggles and laughter from J. Good thing it wasn't a hot morning ;)

Kori said...

All I can really say in this one is O.M.F.G.

Badness Jones said...

I couldn't even watch that whole video I was laughing so hard I was afraid I'd wake the baby!

And come on....you're a mom....of course you were going to post about poop.

KJ said...

oh my god! The video... too much!!!

Poop is funny for some reason. It just kinda is.

Unless its my husband pooping with the bathroom door open. Oh god. I always slam it on him. What the hell.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! That's all I can say! LOL!

Karen, I've got something on my blog for you :) TTYS!http://lifeonmanitoulin.blogspot.com/2008/10/thank-you-thank-you-very-much.html

Cherry said...

Ahhh! The joys of walking the dog!

At least you got a good visit with some friends along with the poo!

Maggie, Dammit said...

That is so funny, and so true. I love it when everybody starts looking out for the health of the blog. Awesome.

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Too funny, your story and the movie, still laughing!

Jocelyn said...

It is incredible when you realize your life is only being lived as blog fodder...

Can't watch the video just now, as my husband sleeps mere feet away.

dkuroiwa said...

Oh. my. God. That video? I've seen it a few times now and every time I tell myself I'm NOT going to watch and then...I do. It's like when someone says "don't look" and you do just to see....yeah...funny, but gross!!

Little boys and poop...it's a never-ending laugh fest here at our house some days...yeesh! boys are just gross. but...we love 'em, huh? :-D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin