Thursday, March 19, 2009

Almost two months

I got a phone call the other night.

I was in a deep sleep.

"Oh Karen, it's Dad." Just as he always greeted me.

"Hey Dad, how are you?" I asked.

He replied, "I'm good, things are okay here. How are you and the kids doing?"

"We're okay. But we really miss you. Little G asked if she could go swimming with you tomorrow. Then she became sad when she realized she couldn't. "

"I miss you too. Things are good here though. It's fine."

"I'm glad, Dad. I wish I could visit you..." and then my sleep-fogged mind realized there was only one way to really do that.

And he came back with...

"Well, I think you'd better not. Don't worry, I'll call again."

I look forward to it, Dad.

14 comments:

Rima said...

Oh, Karen! That is amazing! And so comforting. I hope he does come back to visit you often.

Martin said...

That almost hurts.

Bittersweet.

Cheryl said...

That is so special...
Things like that happen to me on a yearly basis, it used to scare me but now I take comfort in knowing the "visits" are to take care of me.

Take care

Badness Jones said...

I'm glad he's still with you. Hugs.

mammydiaries said...

That is gorgeous. Painful, but beautiful...

Cherry said...

The tears burns!

This really is lovely.

Anonymous said...

after my grandfather died, i was devastated. he and i had been very close.
one night, shortly after he had died, i had a dream.
i was at the apartment with my grandmother. he walked in wearing a green robe that i bought him. he was smoking a cigarette. i asked him why he was smoking. he told me that it wasn't going to kill him. and that he was doing fine now. he felt much better.
he visited me a few more times after that.
it was somehow...very reassuring and comforting.
xoxo

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Wow...Karen, that's a amazing. I'm speechless.

....

Ok, not completely. :-) I had forgotten that I had originally "met" you at last year's UBP! I'm glad I did!

Mrs4444 said...

How awesome is that? I'm glad for you.

Jocelyn said...

Och.

I'm envious. My dad hasn't "called" in the last six years. I miss him.

Knatolee said...

I had dreams similar to that after my Dad died, and they were very comforting. I hope your Dad calls again soon!

louann said...

I love it when I get to see my Mom and my Dad in my dreams. It comforts me.

Im glad he visited you.

J said...

I dream of my mom so often now, but my dreams are of her being well, and me being shocked that she's recovered, and I'm relieved and happy, and then I wake up, and she's still....gone. Crap.

Don Mills Diva said...

*tears*

This is lovely Karen.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin