Yes, I'm back from an over four month hiatus.
In that time, my incompetence as a mommy blogger has been evidenced by the following:
- Blogher ads officially requested that I remove their link. That's okay - I was making less than zero revenue;
- I didn't provide any witty anecdotes about a great family ski vacation in Tremblant (well, I didn't ski, but it was fun nonetheless)... no fun pics (including space age inflatable leg boots a la "Lost in Space" that encased my tired legs during a spa treatment), no oohing and ahhing about the private hot tub and the wonderful accommodations, the non-stop gondola rides with the girlie, the pride in seeing my boy survive a bloody ski-to-the lip incident only to pick up and continue another 3 hours of snowboarding...
- Also absent - posts about major life milestones for not just one -the horror- but both of my kids:
My girlie lost her first baby tooth .... and now she's on the verge of losing the second;
My boy turned eleven. He's a tween now, people, and overnight he began eating two dinners and sleeping in every morning;
- I didn't weigh in on any of the hot parenting topics such as the TigerMom/Fun Mom debate - itching, just itching to get in on it but alas, left it too late;
- I missed writing about the beautiful Royal Wedding:
- I didn't reminisce about how I woke up way early to watch the other fairytale Royal wedding as a teen.
- I did not dish about how gorgeous Kate is and how I wholly approve of pretty much all of her fashion choices,
- Didn't note that William is still handsome despite starting to look more like his father than his mother these days ...
- (when we get totally caught up later, you'll understand why I was other wise occupied during the Wedding Day);
- Both US and Canadian versions of So You Think You Can Dance have started and I've said big, fat, nada...
- I didn't mention with glowing pride that both kids got A+ grades on their report cards... (oh, I guess I just did)
- I haven't gone on and on and on about gorgeous, spouse-endorsed crush - he speaks French, Mon Dieu - Bradley the Coop
- We lost a household member (poor Goldie, RIP) but gained a couple new ones. Did. Not. Blog. About. It.
My bad. But here we are.
And what would a post from me be without the occasional musical reference?
I've rediscovered the Foo Fighters. Their performance on SNL around Easter time, sealed it - they need to be on our couples' concert list soon (this just in - found out that I'm traveling when they're playing the ACC in Toronto come August - not happy that the Man may be going without me * sob *).
Can't think of a cooler alt. Dad in their 40s than Dave Grohl.