Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hard Work

You can pretty much find video instructions on Youtube for anything these days.  Which is a really good thing when your daughter wants to wear a fishtail braid. 

Or when your own hair becomes a lot thinner than the horse hair texture you had in your 20s ... and now you can experiment a bit with it.  Like doing fancy things with a flat iron.  Yeah, who knew.

The other day as I was getting ready for work, I thought I'd try something a little different from my usual.  My boy walked by my washroom, paused while looking at me, and commented:

"Hey, Mom, what are you doing?"

Me: "Oh, I'm using the flat iron to curl my hair.  I saw it on Youtube and it looked easy enough.  Trying to shake things up a bit, you know?"

The Boy: "Oh.  Well, it looks like a lot of work."

Me: "I guess it sort of is."

The Boy, with a sigh..."I guess most things are.  A lot of work, I mean.  And it's okay if it's worth it."

Me (wondering how he'd become 40 years old overnight):  "I'd agree.  How'd you get so wise?"

The Boy: "Heh.  Funny.  That'll only last for today right?"

The little bugger.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin