Monday, October 08, 2007

Thankful



Lboy brought home his Friday school project which captured what Thanksgiving means to him. My 7 year old, in his own words, is thankful for the following:

• The World
• Food
• The Trees
• My Family
• My Friends
• My Bed

What a global thinker … and you can never forget the importance of your bed!

On this Thanksgiving weekend, I give thanks for:

1) My Husband and my precious children – they are my world.

2) My parents, siblings and their families and our extended families on both sides – I’m so happy that everyone is healthy and happy, and the kids have loving aunts and uncles, big cousins and now some little cousins - more to share our love with.

3) My friends – for those that I’ve known most of my life, newer friends, and for the friendships that I’ve made with people I’ve never yet met in person.

4) My Health – I’m going to keep reminding myself not to take that for granted, keep up with the exercise so that I can stay healthy for Ian and my kids. Focus on the positive to give them the best of me.

5) My Home – not because I’ve got this glorious new kitchen, but because of the beautiful family that I have to make this a dream home with me.

6) My Options - that I live in a country that allows me to be who I want to be, celebrates diversity and the freedom of choice. I am so proud to be Canadian.

Thanksgiving cousins at Ian's family turkey fest ...

With beautiful Holly...


The Boy...


Pretty Butterflies ...


Happy feet...


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating this weekend!

7 comments:

Kellan said...

Great pictures and sure a lot for your to be thankful for. And ... I'm also thankful for my bed!

BeachMama said...

Love the photos! Happy Belated Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful weekend too.

I am also thankful for the wonderful bloggers I 'met' last year. You are one that helped carry me through my summer. Thanks.

Family Adventure said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family! Sounds like you had a good long weekend - guiltfree and all, thanks to Bodyjam on Saturday :)
- Heidi

Unknown said...

So sweet! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Liamster and Little G are adorable!

PS. Possibly meeting up with Danielle and Dina (hopefully Jill too). Would be awesome if you joined us!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice! The day ended too soon.
xxxx
Auntie Sue

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!! I absolutely love "my bed". So adorable. I love the innocence of kids. It's beautiful. Just beautiful. And I agree with all of yours too. DITTO!!
- Audrey
p.s. - Head over to our Mama Loves Giveaways on our site www.pinksandblues.com. We're doing a giveaway in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month and we're trying to get 500 women to pledge to get examined within the next year. Spread the word!! :)

Karen MEG said...

Thanks for all of your comments too! Kellan, the bed is always a good thing!
BM- that's so sweet. You were one of my bloggy friends I was referring to as well.
Heidi- did you guys do any turkey yonder way?
c - can't wait. Hope it works out ;)
Hey auntie sue-always too short.
Hey Audrey - thanks for popping back in! I'll visit for sure.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin