Monday, October 08, 2007
Lboy brought home his Friday school project which captured what Thanksgiving means to him. My 7 year old, in his own words, is thankful for the following:
• The World
• The Trees
• My Family
• My Friends
• My Bed
What a global thinker … and you can never forget the importance of your bed!
On this Thanksgiving weekend, I give thanks for:
1) My Husband and my precious children – they are my world.
2) My parents, siblings and their families and our extended families on both sides – I’m so happy that everyone is healthy and happy, and the kids have loving aunts and uncles, big cousins and now some little cousins - more to share our love with.
3) My friends – for those that I’ve known most of my life, newer friends, and for the friendships that I’ve made with people I’ve never yet met in person.
4) My Health – I’m going to keep reminding myself not to take that for granted, keep up with the exercise so that I can stay healthy for Ian and my kids. Focus on the positive to give them the best of me.
5) My Home – not because I’ve got this glorious new kitchen, but because of the beautiful family that I have to make this a dream home with me.
6) My Options - that I live in a country that allows me to be who I want to be, celebrates diversity and the freedom of choice. I am so proud to be Canadian.
Thanksgiving cousins at Ian's family turkey fest ...
With beautiful Holly...
Pretty Butterflies ...
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating this weekend!